On fredag 28 Marts 2008, Sebastian TrĂ¼g wrote: > On Friday 28 March 2008 16:21:46 Anders Lund wrote: > > What is wrong with strigidaemon? > > > > It can't be that it is supposed to run at 80-99%CPU for hours after i > > boot! That is simply not acceptable. > > > > It is set to index my home directory. > > I have here locally a quick hack that makes Strigi use io-nice. It actually > makes Strigi much more usable. While it still uses a lot of CPU in the > initial indexing phase, it does not lock the whole system down. > Please find attached the stupid little patch (the reason for not committing > is that the patch is not well tested) > > Cheers, > Sebastian That is a very good idea, I was considering doing that via local configuration :-) -- Anders www: http://www.alweb.dk jabber: anderslund@jabber.dk