Hi Zack, I have had a closer look at enchant. I installed it on my computer and ran the test programs for it. I think I like the approach that KDE would only have to deal with one spell checker that does the dispatching for us. It would keep KSpell a lot simpler. > - lack of decision on my part as to whether I'd want to be using Enchant > in the future. I talked a little bit to Dom about this but we never > went ahead and coded anything. But basically the requirement on my part > is very simple and is "Enchant can't be linking to Glib when running > from KDE apps". From what I remember it was using only the GModule and > codecs from Glib so I guess we could write small wrapper classes like > ETextCodec and EModule that would be implemented both with Qt/KDE and > Glib/GNOME specific functions and the right implementation would be > a ./configure option. What is the problem with Glib? Isn't GLib some kind of standard library? Kind regards, Heiko Evermann