Am Monday 14 February 2005 17:35 schrieb Allan Sandfeld Jensen: > I see 3.5 as more like a 3.4 but with a little feature-creep. The question is > if we would be better served with only one alternative branch, and instead > allow small new features in the applications from 3.4.2. Hmm, from what I heard of the kdepim crew, they don't plan "small" new features :) The idea of a feature extend stable branch was discussed with respect to KDE 3.3.x and KDE 3.4 as well and you're surely right that having to commit the same patch 3 times doesn't sound appealing. But I think we can make up policies to make this easier: e.g. safe bug fixes are only commited to 3_4_BRANCH and someone volunteering will merge the fixes commited there to the other branches. But a feature extended 3.4.2 requires freezes and times for translators to catch up, so this is not a very easy thing - especially as such stable branches are very often not well tested. Greetings, Stephan