On Monday 14 February 2005 11:35, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote: > > - KDE_3_5_BRANCH (or /branches/KDE/3.5 :) for a future KDE 3.5 > > release. When it's clear that development in there stops as people are > > satisfied/bored with it and rather spent time with Qt4, we make a release > > on short notice (e.g. two months after we agree to release) - latest > > christmas 2005. > > I see 3.5 as more like a 3.4 but with a little feature-creep. The question > is if we would be better served with only one alternative branch, and > instead allow small new features in the applications from 3.4.2. > > The prospect of after solving a bug, commiting first to HEAD, then > backporting to both a development 3.5 branch and the stable 3.4 branch, is > just scary. I like the idea of allowing people who want to work on features and further develop their apps to have a forum to do so. This will also keep them from stepping on the toes of people who are focused exclusively on the Qt4 port and KDE4 architectural work. I think it will reduce chaos at the beginning. -- George Staikos KDE Developer http://www.kde.org/ Staikos Computing Services Inc. http://www.staikos.net/