List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: sqlite in kdelibs
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2005-01-22 22:59:26

 > There is not rational reason
> SQLite or Kexi deps in KDE libs.  Qt offers the encapsulation we need, and
> Qt4 will even prove more features.

For me it's end of "SQLite or Kexi deps in KDE libs" topic. I did not try to
enforce one vision because I know a bit more than average what are DB apps
internal requirements. Let future developments prove what is better for which
purpose...

I found "Qt4 will even prove more features" a bit political, based on narrow
reasoning like "I used this for 5 years so dont try to evangelize me". With
all my sympathy for Qt and the work you're doing, Ian sorry, but for me,
"xxxxx will even prove more features" is like VB developer's justification of
staying loyal to VB because it's simple (read: brainless) to write many code
snippets by hand.

I hope we'll prepare some examples to better compare both sides.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska / Kexi Team