Am Monday 22 September 2003 12:11 am schrieb Roberto Alsina: Hi Roberto, > > and perhaps the maintainers can be persuaded to change the license for > > GPL to > > LGPL so that software licensed under non-GPL-compatible licenses may use > > it. > > that is what the LGPL was designed for =) > > Probably 50% of the code is mine, consider that changed. While I personally know of too many occasions where dbms developers claim that everything should be stored in a relational database (Oracle & Co.) I am aware of the benefits of having an embedded _sql_ db in KDE. There are many cases where I don't want to depend on the always source/binary incompatible sleepy cat db (berkeley db). Of course LGPL is a prerequisite before even thinking about including it in kdelibs. Regards, -- martin Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold e r f r a k o n Erlewein, Frank, Konold & Partner - Beratende Ingenieure und Physiker Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959 email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de