List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Replace KcmFontinst with kio_fonts
From:       Marc Mutz <Marc.Mutz () uni-bielefeld ! de>
Date:       2003-03-12 15:43:48

On Tuesday 11 March 2003 18:22, Alexander Kellett wrote:
<snip>
> i personally think that smtp/imap etc went way beyond it
<snip>

Wrong:
1. Both are network protocols and support both get and put, exactly what
KIOSlaves were designed to do (yes, even smtp supports a get, though
it's deprecated)
2. RFC 2193.

I agree about the cdburner, though. And man/info etc. for that matter.
I'd also agree if you said that smtp/imap/nntp/pop3 slaves lacked a
common interface (specials, metadata).

Marc

--
Ein Grundrecht auf Sicherheit steht bewusst nicht in der Verfassung.
  -- Sabine Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger (ehem. Bundesjustizministerin)