List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Font Mime-Types (again)
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-05-25 20:35:47

On Thursday 23 May 2002 10:49 pm, Marc Mutz wrote:
|  On Thursday 23 May 2002 18:18, Craig Drummond wrote:
|  <snip>
|  > The only conflicting entry is that for TrueType fonts. In order to
|  > harmonise
|  > things I would like to propose removing the existing x-truetype-font
|  > and
|  > x-font mimetypes, and replace them with the following:
|  >
|  > application/x-font-ttf
|  > application/x-font-type1
|  > application/x-font-bdf
|  > application/x-font-pcf
|  > application/x-font-snf         (Not used in GNOME)
|  > application/x-font-speedo
|  > application/x-font-ghostscript (Not used in GNONE)
|
|  <snip>

You forgot to add:
application/x-font-type3  (.pfa)
application/x-font-type42 (no idea what is the right extension for this
format)
 application/x-font-pfr (Bitstream's bitmap format, suuport for it was added
to FreeType CVS recently, see  <freetype-devel> mailing list)

Besides:
  application/x-font-ttf
is not a good MIME type
Better use:
  application/x-font-TrueType  (.ttf, .otf, .ttc)
as OpenType and TrueType Collection are also some variants of TrueType, and
they have different extensions.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)