List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: PATCH - Mega style patc
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2002-03-03 17:51:14

You know what Mosfet?  This is exactly why I don't bother reporting
problems to you, you don't react well to criticism.  Now I went ahead and
did a quick poll of the Kapital customers this morning, and since I got a
few responses, I thought I'd pass along the bottom line.  Both Mega and
Gradient caused Kapital to cash at one point in time, one of our
respondents said it caused a problem with Noatun for him as well.  Another
respondent said that while it use to crash, it now works fine with Liquid,
and since you made some comments about fixing things from 0.5 or something,
then this would indicate that 1, the problem is solved, and 2 that it
wasn't a Kapital problem to begin with.

Now I *do* have a company to run, with lots of products, lots of employees,
lots of customers and lots of things to do.  If we know that a certain
environment can potentially cause a crash, and if someone hits it, then our
responsibility is to get them running and if getting them running means
they shouldn't use a theme that is exhibiting problems, then that's what we
do.  We also don't directly support people that are running betas or early
releases of distro's or KDE.  If we can help them we will, but at a certain
point we have to draw the line.

So to sum up, Liquid looks solid from our perspective, I have no idea about
Mega, and I'm sorry we couldn't have had a constructive dialog, certainly
comments like yours and name calling aren't constructive.

At 05:55 AM 3/3/2002, you wrote:

> [...]

Regards,

Shawn Gordon
President