List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Copyright years (and minimizing the burden on developers and maintainers)
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2023-02-04 22:42:44

On Saturday, 4 February 2023 20:58:30 CET Toni Asensi Esteve wrote:
> Do you think that changing and reviewing too many changes every year is
> worth it? What do you think that would be better?

One of the best places *right now* to ask this question is the Legal &
Licensing room at FOSDEM, in Brussels, where the top legal(-ish) bods are
gathered. It is *certainly* not worth the effort to go through and touch all
the years in one big commit at the start of the year. You may want to do it
when doing meaningful commits, or when a new contributor shows up, but we can
place a lot of trust in the revision-control system keeping track of this
instead of editing a fragile text header.

[ade]