List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Default colors in KDE4
From:       Luciano Montanaro <luciano.montanaro () consulenti ! fastweb ! it>
Date:       2006-07-14 10:51:01

On Friday 14 July 2006 12:48, Danny Allen wrote:
> Hi James,
> A less well-known project of mine is the Primary iconset - perhaps this
> could be under consideration for a "theme that would be more modern but
> would still have good contrast and black outlines".
>
> http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=39469
>
> If you are put off by the more basic, bright colours, don't be - as soon
> as I finish colouring in all the icons, they can be changed via. a script
> to pastels, etc.
>
> An advantage of the Primary set is one of completion - I have attempted
> to keep it in sync with the Monochrome set, so almost all of KDE is
> themed (a different situation than that of the present HiColor theme).
>
> Not all icons are in colour, some are still mono as it is a work in
> progress.
>
> I would enjoy feedback on this.

Hi Danny,
the icons are great idea, and one I was thinking about myself - even at the
time of your monochrome icon set.

Since I gather the icons colors are scriptable, wouldn't it make sense to
use a "logical color" version as the base icon set, and generate primary,
monochrome and black and white icon sets from that?

The icons have simple shapes and bold outlines, so I think they sould be
quite useful where high contrast is needed. And they are nicer than
Iighcolor icons in my opinion. I'll keep them on my desktop for the time
being.

Ciao,
Luicano