List:       kde-announce
Subject:    [kde-announce] KNetworkConf 0.5beta2
From:       Juan Luis Baptiste <juancho () maeztro ! net ! dhis ! org>
Date:       2004-01-15 15:54:08

Hi,

I released a second beta of KNetworkConf 0.5, please download and
test it:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/knetworkconf/knetworkconf-0.5beta2.tar.bz2?download

ChangeLog:
* Fixed many bugs.
* Added support for Mandrake 9.2.
* Upgraded  gst network backend to 0.30.
* Added Euskara translation (thanks to Unai Garro) and updated spanish
translation.
* Major code clean up.

Features:
- Configure network devices (simple and advanced modes).
- Enable/disble network devices.
- Configure defult gateway and gateway device.
- Configure DNS servers, domain name and machine name.
- Edit /etc/hosts file (known hosts).

If you want to see KNetworkConf working in more distros and os'es like
FreeBSD or Solaris, don't ask me but the gst team
(http://www.gnome.org/projects/gst/team.html) , or better, help them
adding support for new platforms to the network backend, as the
maintainer seems to be very busy these days. The backend is made in
perl, so I suppose for any person with perl experience (I don't have
any) will not have much of a trouble working with it.

Cheers,
--
Juan Luis Baptiste M.
http://www.merlinux.org