On Saturday 26 August 2006 07:02, Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote: > Hi Gary! > Some additional thoughts: > * It is impossible to run two registries in parallel because of the way > XEvie is written. Explain please. > Maybe it makes more sense to have a registry that can > speak both CORBA and D-Bus (via modules). Does the current CORBA AT-SPI > registry code support a move to D-Bus? Worth looking into I suppose. > * There is a compiler that generates various D-Bus bindings from an XML > description. If it is possible to express the whole IDL in D-Bus > Introspection XML, then we would get bindings for all languages and > toolkits supported by D-Bus. Otherwise it might perhaps be possible to > reuse code. Do you mean the Qt dbusxml2cpp compiler? That's an interesting idea. Harald's qdbusaccessible already contains some of the xml files. Together with pyQt, it might avoid the dbus-python binding problems I mentioned. I assume that can that be done without creating a linked dependency on Qt in Orca? pyQt currently supports up to Qt 4.1.3 I wonder if/when it will support Qt 4.2, particularly the D-Bus support? -- Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad) _______________________________________________ kde-accessibility mailing list kde-accessibility@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-accessibility