Hi Gary! Thanks a lot for your work on this. I fully agree that the D-Bus version of AT-SPI should use the IDL. We want to make the migration as easy as possible. Some additional thoughts: * It is impossible to run two registries in parallel because of the way XEvie is written. Maybe it makes more sense to have a registry that can speak both CORBA and D-Bus (via modules). Does the current CORBA AT-SPI registry code support a move to D-Bus? * There is a compiler that generates various D-Bus bindings from an XML description. If it is possible to express the whole IDL in D-Bus Introspection XML, then we would get bindings for all languages and toolkits supported by D-Bus. Otherwise it might perhaps be possible to reuse code. Olaf -- Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility co-maintainer, open standards accessibility networker, Protestant theology student and webmaster of http://accessibility.kde.org/ and http://www.amen-online.de/ _______________________________________________ kde-accessibility mailing list kde-accessibility@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-accessibility