List:       kde-accessibility
Subject:    Re: [Kde-accessibility] An accessible Qt? I think not.
From:       Aaron Leventhal <aaronlev () moonset ! net>
Date:       2005-11-16 20:15:49

Hi Peter,

I agree with everything you say except #2
>   2. it isn't extensible (no easy way to add new capabilities to it)

It's easy to create a new interface that you can QueryService to from an
IAccessible. We do this in Firefox so that AT vendors get get to an
ISimpleDOMNode, ISimpleDOMText or ISimpleDOMDocument which allows them
to get what they need from the content.

We definitely need more than that for OpenOffice. The AT vendors like
the idea of an IAccessible2 to better support accessibility in documents.

Anyway just wanted to clarify that it actually is possible to add new
capabilities.

- Aaron