List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Enabling Flash in Konqueror
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-07-23 10:44:40

On Saturday 21 July 2001 14:51, John Toon wrote:
|   On Friday 20 July 2001 18:52, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
|   > John Toon wrote:
|   > > But there _isn't_ a "Netscape Plugins" option there at all! There
|   > > is _no_ Netscape Plugins option. That's my problem ;^)
|   > >
|   > > I've sent a screen shot to your personal address.
|   >
|   > Some distributions have this in a separate package.  Do you have a
|   > kde package with "plugin" in the name?
|   >
|   > JRT
|
|   Thanks everyone. Yep, under Mandrake 8.0 the libraries to enable
|   Konqueror plugins are in the package kde-nsplugins.

Pardon, but is it something new?!. :-)
AFAIK it was this package [providing support for NS plugins] since
Nov.-DEc.2000.

[vadim@localhost vadim]$ rpm -qa | grep nsplug
kdebase-nsplugins-2.2-0.beta1.2mdk

besides, make sure that Flash plugin is installed (and can be found by
Konqueror)
[vadim@localhost vadim]$ locate libflash
/home/vadim/.netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so

What I did to install it is just zip'ed /plugins folder with Netscape
Navigator 4.7 installed, rpm -e netscape, and than unzipped into .netscape
folder.
So, I don't have NN 4.7 now, and have Flash working :-)
Note that Flash 5.0 is known to be buggy on Linux, try Flash 4.0 from NN 4.7
package

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)