List:       kde
Subject:    Re: permissions for new folders (directories)
From:       "Brandon K. Matthews" <bmatt () devils ! eng ! fsu ! edu>
Date:       1999-06-21 22:31:11

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Karl Pohlmann wrote:

]I'm running KDE 1.1 on RH 5.1 and I've found that on my system new
]folders created in KFM (or on the desktop, by right clicking
]New->Folder) do not have the directory permissions associated with my
]umask setting. I have searched high and low for a kdelnk file that
]contains the settings for a new directory, thinking that the default
]permissions might be set there, but have not yet found one. And no luck
]when looking at the properties in KFM.
]
]Any ideas?
]
]Thanks,
]Karl

I assume you set your umask in your .profile? That's the problem... you
must set your umask in your .xsession/.xinitrc/etc for X to follow it...

Ciao,
BKM

  This is a job for BOB VIOLENCE and SCUM,    |  Brandon Matthews - SysAdmin
   the INCREDIBLY STUPID MUTANT DOG!!!        |  <bmatt@devils.eng.fsu.edu>
         -- Bob Violence                      |        (850) 410-6415