List:       kde
Subject:    problem with Solaris packages
From:       Randy Carpenter <rcarpen () celt ! network1 ! net>
Date:       1998-12-28 18:49:32

Hi.  I just installed kde for solaris, and I have noticed one very nasty
thing:  In the startkde script the following is defined:

DISPLAY=`hostname`:0.0

This is extremely bad, especially if you want to run it from a remote
host.

I know that the Solaris packages aren't official or anything, but I don't
know who to contact about this ;)

Randy Carpenter - UNIX Systems Admin             First Network Group
rcarpen@celt.network1.net                        Wapakoneta, OH