List:       kde
Subject:    Re: /.
From:       Bavo De Ridder <bavo () ace ! ulyssis ! student ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       1998-12-01 11:23:46

On Tue, 01 Dec 1998, Dustin Puryear wrote:
>I would like to automount my CD and floppy without being root. I created the
>Device links, but since I'm not root, I can't mount a device. How can I work
>around this?

like this in your fstab:

/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660 user,noauto,ro  0 0

This will let you mount. But not write to the devices. That is another story.
Probably another option in fstab. Have a look at "man mount"

BDR

While on this subject, I recently tried to setup my system to