List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KRegistry project... some more points.
From:       Bavo De Ridder <bavo () ace ! ulyssis ! student ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       1998-11-14 18:43:54

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Bavo De Ridder wrote:

Another point:

4) I *need* to text based access to the configuration settings.

My answer: I fully agree. But using a binary format, or just not using ini
files doesn't means you can't do this anymore! It just means you can't use
your favorite text-editor anymore. Why not have a ncurses based editing
tool? Or a tool that acts like a shell and let's you edit the registry. It
is not because microsoft made a bad implementation, that the concept is
wrong...

Till the next time...

BDR