List:       kde
Subject:    Re: For those who develop x apps
From:       Dave Leigh <Dave_Leigh () mindspring ! com>
Date:       1998-09-30 23:19:06

Halcyon (http://www.vbix.com) makes something they call "Instant Basic", which
provides a Visual Basic style IDE and allows you to write using Visual Basic
syntax.  It compiles to Java byte code.  They've got a few other
"transitionware" products, such as a translator to convert VB code to pure Java
and a Java sockets "bean".

They've been tested under Linux.

-- Dave

   Dave_Leigh@AltaVista.net