List:       kde
Subject:    FW: from Kalle
From:       Michael Redinger <cb13104 () dm ! uibk ! ac ! at>
Date:       1998-09-28 7:30:36

-----FW: <19980927211203.14529.qmail@lists.netcentral.net>-----

>From: Kalle Dalheimer <kalle@dalheimer.de>

>David Klemm:
>>Quoting Ricardo Ferreira (storm@atdot.org):
>>
>>> As the gnome developers started to write a gnome fe (gnomefe) does
>>> anyone plan to make QtMozilla atleast KDE aware (colors, drag'n'drop) if
>>> not a complete KDE app ?
>>>
>>> Matthias reason of working in kfm for not implementing a kmozilla
>>> instead of a QtMozilla is not very valid because kfm is not in the state
>>> of being just as good a browser as Mozilla and Mozilla has news & mail
>>> clients & JavaScript.
>>>
>>> I'm asking for curiosity. I do not have the knowledge or time to work on
>>> this myself, unfortunately.
>>
>>Also there is no possibility to install plug-ins for/with kfm.
>
>I did some work on that but it never went far because of tons of other
>projects. QtMozilla cannot do that currently either.
>
>I see kfm and QtMozilla as both having their place: kfm is fast and very well
>integrated into KDE, QtMozilla is not so fast (albeit faster than the
>Motif-Mozilla), but more complete.
>

>>KFM will never replace Mozilla.
>>

>No, and it's not meant to be.
>
>Kalle
>
>>cu David
>>
>>--
>>David Klemm / Vienna Austria
>>KDE b4 - Designed for Linux 98 / see http://www.kde.org
>>PGP FP: 5A D5 C4 87 A8 0C CC B8  A9 4C FC E9 9B B3 06 94
>>--
>>Send posts to:  kde@lists.netcentral.net
>> Send all commands to:  kde-request@lists.netcentral.net
>>  Put your command in the SUBJECT of the message:
>--
>Kalle Dalheimer              Contract programming for Unix
>kalle@dalheimer.de           Technical writing
>kalle@kde.org                Technical editing
>kalle@oreilly.de             KDE Developer (MFCH)
>mdalheimer@acm.org           It's open, it's source, it runs - must be KDE!

--------------End of forwarded message-------------------------

Michael Redinger (Michael.Redinger@uibk.ac.at)
                          (redinger@kde.org)

   Saurweinweg 11         Leoprechting 24
   A-6020 Innsbruck       A-4775 Taufkirchen
   Tel.: 0512-293962      Tel.: 07719-8442
I have never seen anything fill up a vacuum so fast and still suck.
                -- Rob Pike, on X.

Steve Jobs said two years ago that X is brain-damaged and it will be
gone in two years.  He was half right.
                -- Dennis Ritchie

Dennis Ritchie is twice as bright as Steve Jobs, and only half wrong.
                -- Jim Gettys