List:       kde
Subject:    kde: modified desktop info lost after reboot
From:       Allan Brighton <abrighto () eso ! org>
Date:       1998-08-31 9:32:56

Hi all,

Is there any way to save the KDE desktop changes without logging out
from KDE?

If I do a system shutdown from within KDE after modifying the desktop
configuration, then the next time I log in, all of the desktops are lost
and 2 blank desktop buttons appear (using SuSe-5.3).

If I log out in the normal way, its OK. However, sometimes I would
rather not log out, since I don't want KDE to save the current state
of the windows. Also, I have a special shutdown procedure that also
shuts down my other machines, etc.

Shutting down the system from the desktop always worked as expected
with CDE. Maybe KDE just needs to save the changes right away and not
wait for the window system to exit.

--
Allan