List:       kde
Subject:    Message to Troll Tech
From:       mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1998-08-27 18:13:07

This is the message I sent to the Troll Tech mailing list:

Hi! Were discussing on the KDE mailing lists about adding theme capability to
KDE. The problem is in order to do so we need to derive from quite a few QT
classes (QTableView, etc..) in order to make them allocate themed widgets. In
most cases this only requires modifying the new allocation statements.

Now my question is, how close can we make our methods to the one in QT's source
code if we only need to change the widget that new allocates? It would be a
shame and not really realistic if we had to entirely rewrite each method that
allocates a widget...