List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Could someon please look at it? -was KWM performance
From:       "Jason Hills \(DarkFalcon\)" <dkfalcon () pmtinet ! com>
Date:       1998-08-27 16:02:27

moshev wrote:

> > I've looked at thi 2-3 times now, but cannot reproduce the error nor am
> > I a C++ whiz. I am sure everyone's seen it just may not have a solution,
> > or may not be able to reproduce it. ;-)
> >
> > JH
> > --
> >

> Thanks,
>
> Is it possible that this is my Graphics card/Xfree driver combination?
> I am using Cirrus logic GD5430 i think, and an SVGA driver from XFree.
> Although i am quite sure i don't see this with other Window Managers..
>
> --
I am using a S3 ViRGE card... had a cirrus GD5424 in my old 486 machine,
but unfortunately I dont have the machine or card anymore (sold it), and
didnt "discover" linux until after that. I do know CL-GD54xx cards had
problems in OS/2 Warp, which I did run on that machine, but thats
probably not relevant to X. Other info that may be helpful would be your
version of X11 and what OS you are running (RedHat x.x, SuSE x.x,
Caldera x.x, Solaris/x86, BSD, etc), and what versions of QT/KDE you
have.

Jason H