List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Roberto's themes
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1998-08-27 12:57:27

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, George Russell wrote:

> Kevin Forge wrote:
> >
> > They are cute.  how many people wold want to use those instead ?
> > Perhaps we culd have "KScrollbar" or "RScrolbar" in adition to
> > "QScrollbar" ?
>
> Are they available just now?  I'm quite amenable to patching
> my KDE sources and recompiling if thats what it takes.

The sources are now in the same directory.
Now: this is all I am going to say about them, so listen carefully!

It should be possible, after editing the makefile a bit, to do a "make all
lib" which would create a kdefilters.so.

Once you have that, if you set LD_PRELOAD to the full path of that file,
your KDE will get the look. No need to rebuild KDE.

There's a good chance you need to change myapp.cpp. That file is just the
same as kapp.cpp, with one function changed (the event filter one), so it
would be a good idea to update it to look like the one in your current KDE
version.

This is unsupported, underdeveloped and abandoned. BE WARNED.
I suppose no regular user can make it work (but the widgets example
should work ok).

It shouldn't do anything evil, tough.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
"I can attempt anything, specialization is for insects" (50% Heinlein).