List:       kde
Subject:    Re: startkde
From:       Kevin Forge <forgeltd () usa ! net>
Date:       1998-07-19 10:38:05

Vidyasagar Govind wrote:

> Hello all,
> I am trying to install KDE in my RH5.I could not find the startkde script
> in the bin file like the documentation said.I finally found a
> kdestart-1.0-1.src.rpm at a site but couldn't install it although I
> followed the steps in the installation documentation.
> Where can I get a binary version of this file?Without it I cannot start the
> kde.
> Thanks for any help!
> Vidya

If "startkde" isn't in /opt/kde/bin that is a sign of a much larger
problem.  Your KDE installation somehow went bad and kdebase wasn't
installed properly or not at all.

BTW : startkde is a simple script so anyone who can edit an autoexec.bat
 can build one.  This is what it looks like but this file probably won't
 help you since other things are probably missing.

#!/bin/sh

kaudioserver &
kwmsound &

kfm &