List:       kde
Subject:    Re: What to do with RH5.1
From:       "Erlend V Bøe" <evb () kerridge ! com>
Date:       1998-06-30 7:27:17

Svend,

There is a special version of gcc and egcs available that optimises for the Pentium,
it is avaivalbe from the Pentium Compiler Group at http://www.goof.com/pcg

Apparently the speedup is 5-30%, and K6 should be ok as well
(also the correct URL for Stampede is of course http://www.stampede.org)

Erlend