List:       kc-kde
Subject:    [kc-kde] Re: maintainership of KDE Traffic
From:       "Peter Rockai (mornfall)" <mornfall () logisys ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2003-11-08 8:59:43

On Friday 07 November 2003 20:40, Henrique Pinto wrote:
> On Friday 07 November 2003 10:54, you wrote:
>
> > On the publication: i don't know whether you have something written, if
> > so, please send it to this list. If not, i will finish this issue and
> > note in it, that we will be co-maintaining the newsletter.
>
> I have some things written (I was planning to make #67 tomorrow), however,
> if your file is ready, than please send it. (Oh, and please contact Zack
> and tell him we'll be co-mantaining.)
Ok, so send them to the list (in the proposed format if possible), we can
merge. Also please post your intro, i will look whether it would be possible
to merge these, too.

> > The question
> > remains who is going to make up individual issues. This person (the
> > coordinator) should make the stats, intro and other such things and take
> > care of sending it to Zack. All the other participants will post only
> > individual <section ...> ... </ section> stanzas to this list and the
> > coordinator will merge them into his xml file. I can take the role of
> > coordinator if you wish, or leave it to someone else, if he likes.
>
> You or me, it doesn't matter.
Ok, i can do that. See below.

> By the way, the stats are done from your mbox files (So you have to have
> your message archive in mbox format, or write another script). The script
> I'm using was made by Zack Brown, it's attached. Run it as:
>
> 	ktstats this_week_mbox last_week_mbox
>
> For this to work, you need all messages in the same mbox file. If you wish,
> just send me a mbox of the lists you're covering and I make the stats.
Oh my... In the first place, i am not subscribed to all the lists i cover. I
use knode and the oh-so-cool gmane gateway (ie - i read the lists in a
newsreader). So i don't have mboxen of the lists available. At least i can do
without the stats... If you can't live without them, i think you will have to
do them yourself.

> I can cover kde, kde-devel, kde-core-devel, kde-extra-gear, kde-usability
> and kde-i18n-doc. I'm also subscribed to kde-bugs-dist, but I guess you
> don't want that covered :)
>
> Anne-Marie Mahfouf offered to cover kde-edu.
>
> What can you cover?
I can do kde-devel, kde-core-devel, kmail, kde-pim, kde-optimize, kfm-devel,
quanta-devel (or what is it called) and koffice-devel.

> > Anyway, all the thread summaries shall be posted to this list (one per
> > mail), in the kt xml format, for commentary. Whoever is the maintainer
> > then takes all these e-mails and compiles the issue.
>
> Nice. By sending the summaries to this list, we assure people rights to
> object against their publication, so there will be a community deciding
> what will get (or not) into KDE Traffic.
Yes. I forgot to add, that all the <section> stanzas should have author="Your
Name" attribute like this:
<section
        title="Kontact issues"
        subject="Kontact issues"
        author="Peter Rockai (mornfall)"
        posts="10"
        startdate="31 October 2003 01:22:31"
        enddate="31 October 2003 18:17:08">

This way, all the respective authors will be mentioned in header and each
summary will have its author mentioned.

I have hacked together simple cooperative buildsystem, which works like this:
i drop individual summary files into a directory (kc-kde-<issuenumber>) in
something.d style (01-intro.xml 10-kicker.xml ...) and it generates and
validates the resulting kc-kde-<issue>.xml, which can be sent to Zack (if i
understand it correctly).

> > What is your opinion about this proposal? I eagerly await your answer.
> > In any case, i will be sending individual summaries i have already
> > written shortly.
> >
> > I would be glad if we can get first issue out of the door this weekend.
>
> OK. Ideally, we can publish issues every Sunday. Is that fine for you? If
> not Sunday, we must choose another weekday (Zack asked me to publish on
> the same weekday ever).
OK, we can standardize on Sunday.

So, just to remind you: please send the summaries to the list, i will
incorporate them into #67. Thank you!

> PS: I though of adding a headquote with a link for donations, as follows:
>
> <headquote>

> If you like KDE Traffic, please consider making a donation to the KDE
> project.
> Visit <a href="http://www.kde.org/support/">http://www.kde.org/support/</a>
> for  details.
>
> </headquote>
>
> What do you think? Would that be good for the KDE project?
Good idea, i will include it.

cheers

--
Peter Rockai (mornfall), mornfall()logisys!dyndns!org, mornfall.homeip.net