List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    [jdev] SVG Whiteboarding
From:       Joonas Govenius <joonas_govenius () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-06-07 22:50:46

Hi everyone,

I've just started to work on a Google Summer of Code
project to design support for SVG based whiteboarding
for Jabber. I've put up some notes outlining the basic
principles of the protocol at the Jabber wiki if
you're interested, comments would be lovely,
especially if they demolish the proposed principles of
the protocol so that I won't have to start from
scratch a month from now when I realise it myself:
http://wiki.jabber.org/index.php/Psi_Whiteboarding#Progress

However, I also have a couple of quick question that
I'd like some "authorative" answers for:

1. Am I right in assuming that a message can be lost
somewhere between clients so that the sender thinks
its delivered but actually isn't?

2. Should the protocol specify how to handle a <body>
in a <message> containing whiteboard data? Should it
be allowed?

Thanks,
Joonas