List:       jabber-jadmin
Subject:    Re: [jadmin] Multiple chats
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2002-12-29 22:39:44

Hi Bill,

My company has a number of jabber based solutions, we also offer a free
client 'tkJabber' and a commercial one 'tkJabberPro'
http://www.thekompany.com/products/aethera/tkjabber/ - the web site is
getting updated this week, as are the applications, but what you are
describing is something we were putting into our 'Pro' client in the next
month (at least planned).  The client costs $9.95 per user however, but we
can certainly work out volume stuff.

You might also find
http://www.thekompany.com/products/aethera/tkwhiteboard/ interesting.

Let me know if we might be able to work together.

Shawn

At 12:48 PM 12/29/2002, you wrote:
>I'm looking at using jabber to run a business support system for a project
>that I am working on. There should be about 500 to 1000 users in a closed
>system. It's a bit like a call centre where a user chats to a central
>person, and if they don't know the answer then they call someone else into
>the existing chat. Had a look in the faq, and had a look at the available
>clients, and I'm left with the following question (excuse my dumbness if it
>is obvious, but I installed my first jabber server for testing on Christmas
>eve - bah humbug etc.)
>
>None of the available clients appear to be able to include a 3rd party into
>an existing conversation without setting up a chat room/conference. I can do
>this with MSN/Windows Messenger's "Invite someone into this conversation"
>but can't see how this is possible with other clients (I've been looking at
>GAIM and Exodus) - any ideas?
>
>Any further pointers - particularly toward anyone that has implemented a
>jabber based call centre, would be appreciated.
>
>Bill

Regards,

Shawn Gordon
President