List:       gtk-devel
Subject:    Re: [g-a-devel] No module anymore & perfect zoom feature
From:       Alex ARNAUD <alexarnaud () hypra ! fr>
Date:       2018-03-02 14:07:39

Le 01/03/2018 à 21:27, Emmanuele Bassi a écrit  :
> Thanks.
>
> I was not claiming that the Shell's zoom is perfect; I'm saying that the
> Shell is where things need to be fixed, as it's where things are
> implemented already. The shell does not currently ask the toolkit to
> render an area at a different scaling factor, but it could. The shell
> can also change the rendering pipeline to apply an effect like color
> inversion.

Do you mean you can change the scaling factor during a session?
Visual-impaired, including me, use the zoom in/zoom out shortcut all the
time, they don't stay on the same zoom level. When a colleague wants to
work with me, I change the zoom, enable it, disable it each minutes to
make our collaboration easier. The zoom in/zoom out shortcut seems
instant on the screen.

Best regards and thanks for your feedback on this important subjects to
make GTK usable for all,
Alex ARNAUD.