List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] NXAGENT: Fatal IO error on display ...
From:       Gian Filippo Pinzari <pinzari () nomachine ! com>
Date:       2005-09-18 12:03:17

Xiong Jiang wrote:
> Did they do test on amd64 at all before releasing it?

If "they" are us, yes, we did test it on AMD64 and it works.
It all depends what you want to achieve. If you want to use the
NoMachine packages then you should be OK. If you want to compile
yourself or do whatever you like with the OSS software, feel free
to fix what needs to be fixed and post your changes to NoMachine.
This surely will not harm the project.

It wouldn't be bad if people from FreeNX would start getting their
hands dirty, instead of complaining all the time and offering no
help at all to get the job done. It seems to me that many OSS
followers have a strange idea of how OSS must evolve. For what
regards NX, I have seen very little help (if any) from the OSS
community, except the usual "advertising" that everybody seems to
value that much. I want to recall you that buying advertisement
is much cheaper than paying programmers.

Take care,

/Gian Filippo.