List:       freedesktop-xorg-devel
Subject:    [Xtrans] Interrupted function call for ioctl not handled
From:       Joerg.Vehlow () Xcerra ! com
Date:       2016-10-27 10:51:43

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--=_alternative 003BAAB6C1258059_Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"

Hi,

I just stumbled upon a bug in Xtrans socket transport on QNX 6.5:
At least on QNX 6.5 the syscall ioctl (FIONREAD) can be interrupted by a
signal leading to a return value of -1 and errno set to EINTR.

The QNX documentation doesn't mention the error, but it maps the ioctl to
a devctl, where the behavior is documented. In the POSIX specification
EINTR is also documented.
I think this is a bug even in current implementations of Xtrans, because
POSIX allows the EINTR and it for read and write it is handled, but not
for the ioctl.

Maybe someone should look into fixing it in the future.

Regards Jörg
--=_alternative 003BAAB6C1258059_Content-Type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1"

socket transport on QNX 6.5:</font>
(FIONREAD) can be interrupted by a signal leading to a return value of
-1 and errno set to EINTR.</font>
the error, but it maps the ioctl to a devctl, where the behavior is documented.
In the POSIX specification EINTR is also documented.</font>
implementations of Xtrans, because POSIX allows the EINTR and it for read
and write it is handled, but not for the ioctl.</font>
it in the future.</font>
--=_alternative 003BAAB6C1258059_=--