List:       freedesktop-dbus
Subject:    Re: Fatal warnings in client code
From:       "Thomas Kluyver" <thomas () kluyver ! me ! uk>
Date:       2023-03-06 22:33:15

On Mon, 6 Mar 2023, at 19:41, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Surviving the disconnect requires careful coding so that the state that was
> shared with the bus peers is discarded and the application no longer tries to
> send on D-Bus.

I think this really depends what the application is doing with D-Bus. If it's using \
D-Bus solely to send a desktop notification, it probably doesn't require all that \
much care to cope with disconnection, and users would probably rather just the \
notification was lacking, instead of the entire application dying (especially if they \
had some unsaved work in that application). I appreciate that a hard crash is easier \
to debug, though.

Best wishes,
Thomas