List:       debian-user
Subject:    Re: Kmail stopped working, "Unexpected response from POP3 server"
From:       Bart Szyszka <bart () gigabee ! com>
Date:       2001-01-04 16:12:50

> What's that "because..."
> There are dozens of options for retrieving  and reading mail in Linux
> .. not only kmail
> Monolithic (all-in-one) and gui-solutions are sylpheed, xfmail,
> pronto...IIRC
I've tried tons of these options and when I use them I'd feel like I'd be
using more of a workaround than just getting my e-mail. I love Kmail. It's so
useful with a decent interface (KDE). If I didn't have Kmail, then I'd just
have this feeling that my Linux system isn't complete and I'd be itching to
reboot to Windows. I get that all the time when I'm using a program and it
doesn't work quite as well as its Windows counter-part.

> You should get the exact error message from the message log; without it
> there is no way ...
For future reference, where's the message log? I removed Kmail with dpkg
--purge and deleted all the related configuration files, reinstalled Kmail,
reconfigured it, and not it works like a charm. Back to Linux it is. I'm home
for two weeks so I really can't bother with these types of inconveniences. If
I were on my regular computer, I'd definitly be trying hard to get Kmail
working if it broke.

- Bart