List:       debian-user
Subject:    Can't get X server working in unstable with Ati All-In-Wonder 128 Pro
From:       "Bart Szyszka" <bart () gigabee ! com>
Date:       2000-12-31 17:38:31

(( If you've gotten this message twice, reply to this one. I had
accidentally
sent this from my dad's account. Please send replies to bart@gigabee.com
and not tad@ljreng.com . Thanks! ))

I'm trying to setup my X server on a different computer and am having
trouble getting it to work. I have an Ati All-In-Wonder 128 Pro
graphics card with 32MB and have gotten the latest XFree86 stuff
from the unstable branch, but it just won't work. All the X11 messages
that I get when it doesn't work just say something to the effect that I
didn't select the right graphics card. There are several that seem to
be able to fit both on the SVGA server and Mach64. In Windows
when I view info on the card, it says some things about it being
Ati Rage 128 Pro so I tried the 'Ati Rage 128 (generic)' option and
that didn't work. I've also tried 'Ati All-In-Wonder' and 'Ati
All-In-Wonder Pro' without any success.

I'd appreciate some help with this. Is the problem on my end or the
packages in the unstbale branch? I want to setup KDE 2.1 since
I'm at home on vacation from my university and my dad has an
800mhz computer.   : )

- Bart