List:       debian-user
Subject:    Boot disk for kernel-image-2.2.13 not working
From:       "Bart Szyszka" <bart () gigabee ! com>
Date:       1999-11-28 1:32:20

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade my kernel and have downloaded some
of the kernel... packages, including the kernel-image-2.2.13
one. My problem is that during its setup, when it asks me to
create a boot disk and makes one, the disk doesn't seem to
work. When I reboot and put it in, all it says is 'Loading' (no
Syslinux, no version numbers, nothing) followed by a few
lines of dots, and then this gets repeated over and over:
AX: 0212
BX: 7000
CX: 5001
DX: 0000.

Any ideas? Is there a package I can download that will let me
make another boot disk? I prefer booting to Linux by just putting
the floppy in and turning the computer on instead of needing to
wait for that right moment for LILO to come up (I dual-boot with
Windows and unfortunately Win98 needs to be the default). BTW,
I did use a different disk so I still have the disk that'll boot with
my older kernel (2.0.38), so I still have access to Debian (potato).

--
Bart Szyszka bart@gigabee.com ICQ:4982727
B Grafyx http://www.bgrafyx.com