List:       debian-user
Subject:    Debian up, now what about Corel's sndconfig?
From:       "Bart Szyszka" <bart () gigabee ! com>
Date:       1999-11-26 19:58:26

Hi,

I'm really exited because I finally got Debian working after
doing an slink to potato upgrade. What finally did it is I have
put on hold the modutils, pcmcia-cs, and setserial packages
after uninstalling pcmcia-cs (although I think a modutils upgrade
probably won't hurt, but I'm afraid to try it). Then I did an upgrade
to potato.

What I'm wondering about is that there were some features I
would have liked in Corel Linux (I was considering installing it,
but didn't get very far with its installation program), with one of
them being sndconfig. I remember that program being included
in Red Hat and it had automatically detected and configured my
sound card. Is it possible to somehow get sndconfig from Corel
and have it working in Debian? On the CD I made from the ISO
I found a file called 'SNDCONFIG' in the LIVE -> SBIN folder
(F:\LIVE\SBIN in Windows) of the CD, but what do I do with it? It
doesn't have a file extension so I can't tell what format it's in.

--
Bart Szyszka bart@gigabee.com ICQ:4982727
B Grafyx http://www.bgrafyx.com