List:       dbi-dev
Subject:    install problems
From:       Joe <vulture () condorinc ! com>
Date:       1998-07-04 14:08:23

    *** From dbi-users -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

I'm still having a few problems installing DBI.  I have a virtual server,
with perl 5.004 installed.  The problem I have is any perl -e command give
me the error 'connot open temporary file'

I've talked to my server sysadmin, and they basically said there is nothing
they can/will do about this.  Normal perl scripts work just fine, but not
-e.  In their words, don't use -e and convert everything to a .pl file.

I went into the makefile and wanted to do this, but there are sooo many,
and I am not sure how to convert all of them so the variable they try to
set stay in memory.

I've asked the sysadmin to install the package, but so far I've gotten no
response from them.

Thank,
Joe

--
"I can imagine a world without war, a world without hate. And I can
imagine us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

If you are without web access, or if you are having trouble with the web page,
please send mail to dbi-request@fugue.com.   Please try to use the web
page first - it will take a long time for your request to be processed by hand.