List:       cmake
Subject:    Re: [CMake] Quick Question: add_custom_target( xxx ) add_custom_command( TARGET xxx ... )
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2014-03-11 15:32:36

On 2014-03-10 18:48, J Decker wrote:
> *shrug* there's no build targets... it's just a
> update/package/uninstall/install script for android apk targets...
> Turned out to work pretty good other than...
>
> configure_file() I had to emit a 1 line script and call 'cmake -P
> StupidConfigure.cmake'

Yes, that's annoying. Maybe such a script should be distributed with
CMake? (I don't think it would work well as a command; you still need to
be able to pass -D's to set the replacement values, and at that point
there probably isn't enough difference between '-E configure_file' and
'-P $CMAKE_ROOT/Modules/ConfigureFile.cmake' to justify how much more
effort is required to implement the former, vs. the latter just means
adding a very short script to CMake's distribution.

--
Matthew