List:       cairo
Subject:    Re: [cairo] Time for a release ?
From:       Matthias Clasen <matthias.clasen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-11-12 21:06:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Ok, last call:

Is there still somebody around in the cairo community who is willing and
able to make a release ?

I can roll a 1.18 tarball if that is what it takes, and I can put it in the
same place as GTK releases
(on download.gnome.org), but I cannot upload it to the usual place for
cairo releases (on freedesktop.org).

If I do that, though, the NEWS file in that tarball will come with a big
note that cairo is dead, and advise
users to look for alternatives. The current situation is untenable.