List:       bricolage-general
Subject:    Re: Summer of Code 2006
From:       cristopher pierson ewing <cewing () u ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2006-04-24 19:44:16

I've got a request/proposal for a feature add-in to work on (or perhaps
it's already available?).

I work in a University where we have an existing login/authentication
system that validates users for access to selected resources.  This is
implemented via pubcookie authentication.

I would like to use bricolage to implement a cms for a departmental
website so that professors, researchers and other folks can create and
edit content that will end up on the website.  It would be great if we
could integrate the existing pubcookie authentication with bricolage so
that existing university users can simply log in using their own id and
password and not have to remember a new one.

Beyond expanding brics authentication to work with pubcookie, perhaps
there are other existing auth systems that could be rolled in?

I'm a student at this school as well as an employee, and would love to get
some cash for working on this (although I'm part time-doctoral level).
Would I be eligible?

Warning: I am a new bric user, so I don't even know if this type of
service already exists, I'm just shooting from the hip over a lunch break
here.  If I'm totally off, just let me know.

Thanks tons,

Cris Ewing