List:       bricolage-devel
Subject:    Re: Summer of Code 2006
From:       David Wheeler <david () kineticode ! com>
Date:       2006-04-24 20:49:15

On Apr 24, 2006, at 13:07, Darren Duncan wrote:

> I know that I'm being slow with the actual delivery, but I think
> that the "Port Bricolage to MySQL." and "Port Bricolage to SQLite."
> suggestions are redundant with what I'm working on for you.

Perhaps you should take a continuing ed class and then apply for an
SoC grant yourself. Might light a fire under your ass.

> I suggest removing those options from the suggestions list so to
> not encourage such proposals.  Not that students can't come up with
> the idea independently.

In the meantime, I'm leaving those options, since although I'm sure
you'll do fine work, the compatibility and performance and migration
bars have been set pretty high for a complete re-architecting of the
database back end.

> It would be better if students focussed on your other suggestions.

I'm sure they will. We got 48 applications last year.

   http://www.justatheory.com/bricolage/summer_of_code_applications.html

Best,

David