List:       zope3-dev
Subject:    Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: OT: pytz
From:       "Ignas Mikalajunas" <ignas.mikalajunas () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-07-28 9:49:28

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

> Thanks. I'd seen localize() in the README but all the examples have an
> explicit is_dst passed which I didn't want. I didn't realize that
> without it it would guess the right one (except during the 1h ambiguous
> period).
>
> Florent

The is_dst parameter is more like "If it is ambiguous prefer DST",
even when calling localize without passing the parameter it will not
do any guessing as is_dst is set to False by default. If you want
localize to warn you about ambiguous time you should pass is_dst=None
which will raise an exception instead of assuming that you prefer non
DST times in ambiguous cases,

Ignas Mikalajūnas