List:       zope-dev
Subject:    [Zope-dev] Re: No events in zope.annotation
From:       Martijn Faassen <faassen () startifact ! com>
Date:       2008-07-19 13:05:50

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 July 2008, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>>> this came out of the ST project, where we constantly repeated this sort
>>> of code.
>> Not that it matters much, but I think it was Martijn Faassen who wrote it.
>
> ... who worked on ST at the time and saw this pattern there.

Yes, I forget the details, but I do recall this change being
schooltool-inspired or driven.

Obviously I don't understand Fred's rather strongly worded objections
either. :)

In Grok, we have grok.Adapter and grok.Annotation. grok.Annotation is, I
think, easy to explain: it's an adapter that actually persists its own
data. The factory pattern supports this.

Regards,

Martijn