List:       zope-cmf
Subject:    Re: [Zope-CMF] [CMF 2.1] Opaque items
From:       yuppie <y.2009 () wcm-solutions ! de>
Date:       2009-06-29 8:52:46

Hi!

Andreas Jung wrote:
> I am currently migrating our CMS from CMF 1.X to CMF 2.1.
>
> The following error is raised because the original content classes
> are not derived from CMFCatalogAware.
[...]
> # Module Products.CMFCore.CMFCatalogAware, line 280, in dispatchToOpaqueItems
> # Module Products.HaufeCMS.DataLevel.Component.Component, line 829, in
> __getattr__
> # Module Products.HaufeCMS.DataLevel.MetaData, line 116, in __getattr__
>
> Is it now a requirement in CMF 2.x to derive from CMFCatalogAware or would it be \
> sufficient to implement the opaqueXXX() methods on our own?

Please note that this is a CMF 2.1 specific issue.

CMF trunk (2.2) has a separate IOpaqueItemManager interface,
dispatchToOpaqueItems is no longer registered for IDynamicType:

http://svn.zope.org/?view=rev&rev=85187

CHANGES.txt says:
"In the long run ICatalogAware, IWorkflowAware and IOpaqueItemManager
will become deprecated. Don't expect that CMF content always implements
them."

Cheers,

	Yuppie