List:       zope
Subject:    [Zope] <dtml-expr> second thoughts
From:       "Kevin Dangoor" <kid () kendermedia ! com>
Date:       2000-05-31 22:17:23

    A couple days ago, I sent a message proposing that creating a
<dtml-expr> tag could eliminate a lot of the confusion that new Zope users
face. It seems that almost every new Zope user gets hung up on the
difference between <dtml-var foo> and <dtml-var "foo">. It just now occurred
to me that creating <dtml-expr "foo"> does not solve the problem, because
there are still <dtml-if "foo"> and <dtml-in "foo">.

    While I am certainly in favor of keeping expressions in DTML, it looks
like <dtml-expr> is not a good way to eliminate the confusion for new users.
Perhaps the best thing is to just make sure that the introductory docs cover
that topic very well.

Kevin
http://www.byproducts.com - Humor and Novelties