List:       zope
Subject:    Re: [Zope] undoing
From:       Andreas Pakulat <ap125 () informatik ! uni-rostock ! de>
Date:       2003-05-24 20:04:08

On 24.Mai 2003 - 14:28:20, martin f krafft wrote:
> when i delete file A and create file B (by a different name), then
> i cannot undo the deletion of A without also undoing the creation of
> B. if you ask me, this makes undoing more or less useless. isn't
> undo information stored per object rather than for the database?

I'm relatively new to zope, so if I say something wrong please correct
me.

The first thing to learn about Zope is that it doesn't operate on files,
it works with objects! So you'll have to understand a bit about OO, the
second thing is that Zope is kind of an OODatabase. And that is the
answer to your question, your are deleting an element of a folder object
and then creating a new one, both are database trancsactions on the same
object - the folder object. So the behaviour is OK I think, as you'll
have to undo transactions that were made to Object X before the
delete-transaction in any database, I know.

Andreas

--=20
Be careful!  UGLY strikes 9 out of 10!