List:       zlib-devel
Subject:    [Zlib-devel] CVS/SVN/GIT Anonymous URL / snapshot?
From:       broonie () sirena ! org ! uk (Mark Brown)
Date:       2010-04-26 9:59:06

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 06:17:03AM +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> * Mark Adler <madler at alumni.caltech.edu> schrieb:

> > Because it's bad enough that I make the betas public, and end
> > up having to support intermediate versions of zlib that
> > people put into production despite their beta status.

> WTH do you feel yourself obligated to support stupid people ? ;-o

Just for the record, the reason Debian (and therefore derivatives)
deployed betas was that releases of zlib ground to a halt for many years
and we needed some of the enhancements in the betas.  I suspect this
will have been part of the reason for others deploying betas as well,
things like the support for 64 bit off_t were stuck in limbo for a very
long time.